GREATER Zandvlei Estuary Nature Reserve
The Environmental Education Centre (EEC) - 2010
6. 07 December - Oliver reports that the Christian Foundation Primary School end of the year party took place at the EEC. We had some cake and cooldrinks and a little bag of surprise for each child. They enjoyed it and thanked Mark and I for the weekly sessions.
Oliver with some of the children from Christian Foundation Primary.
6. 12 November - Mark reports that Steenberg Primary EE Club went on a hike up to Elephants Eye Cave. It was cloudy so we did not chance it to the cave, but got close by to the fire lookout point.
We made it to the fire lookout point. Elephants Eye Cave entrance in the background.
Levena Primary School
children came for EE lessons on 11th November, the first time, made possible
with the transport sponsorship by Zandvlei Trust.
5. 13 October - A Steenberg Primary School visit to Danger Beach to do a Rocky Shores lesson. Also sponsored by Zandvlei Trust.
Steenberg Primary pupils at Danger Beach. We are glad to be at the beach.
See more from the outing. updated 28/10/2010.
4. 12 October - A Zerilda Primary School visit made possible by Zandvlei Trust sponsoring the services of Neville Williams to escort the children to the Nature Reserve. Maggie Sauls has had an operation and is recouperating and is not mobile enough to bring the children to the Reserve yet. Also the transport costs to St James was sponsored by Zandvlei Trust.
Zerilda Primary at the EEC. ....and at St James beach to do the Rocky Shores lesson.
3. 28 May - A lunch time potjie kos
farewell for Corinna was held on her last day at Zandvlei Nature
Reserve. She has been at the Reserve for 9 months as a volunteer from
Farewell lunch for Corinna.
2. 24 March - The Recycling
Station now open at the EEC. Bring your
recyclable materials and put them in the bags identified for disposal at a
recycling plant in Maitland.
The station up and running.
1. February - The World Wetlands Week celebrated at Zandvlei, Monday 1st - Friday 5th February.
Corinna with a group of children
from Litha Primary. Sharon McCallum leading the Marina da Gama
The following schools brought 424 learners to the Reserve during the week.
Dreyden Str Primary 82